The best way to prevent bedbugs from infesting your home is to make it hard for them to get in. Since bedbugs enter homes by hopping a ride in luggage, clothing and used furniture, here are some precautions that you can take:
- Never bring bed frames, mattresses, box springs, or upholstered furniture that you find on the street into your home.
- Check all used furniture for bedbugs.
- Seal cracks and crevices with caulk, even if you don’t have bedbugs. This will help keep them from coming in.
- Wash clothing and inspect luggage immediately after returning from a trip.
- Keep your house clean and clutter-free. Any nook or cranny is another place for bed bugs to hide.
- Vacuum frequently with a HEPA vacuum cleaner, paying special attention to the crevices and corners in and around the mattress – seams, edges, between the mattresses and box springs, corners.
Bedbugs already in your home? Then use Pronto Plus® Household Spray to kill them where they hide.